Haldiram's Food International Limited has its roots established in 1937 in the form of a small retail Sweet & Namkeen shop in Bikaner, Rajasthan, a small but significant town in the Thar Desert. Shri Shivkisan Agrawal, the founder of Haldiram's always cherished the dream of building an empire, manufacture traditional sweets/namkeens, leave a mark on every occasion and get close to the heart of the common man.
This dream was realized with shifting of its base to Nagpur in 1970. For the first time people heard of a factory that was operating to manufacture Sweets & Namkeens. A model plant of its times was set up at:- Haldiram's House; 880, Small Factory Area, Wardhaman Nagar, Nagpur. In a very shot span 'Haldiram' developed into a brand and became an inseparable part of every occasion.
This was followed by a chain of retail outlets & showrooms. The product lines were expanded to match the taste of various segments of the society. Sweets and namkeens were presented in more durable and commercially viable packaging. This fetched a overwhelming response and in 1997, Haldiram's forayed into milk and milk product industry with products such as Khowa, Ghee & Butter Milk, the manufacture of Extruded foods such as vermicelli and 3-D Snacks.